Thursday, October 02, 2014

A few different fillers for blocks in their final stages.

 I did this on a block for a friend Pam in England, the spray was used to unite the blocks together for sparkles.  I first drew the main swag,embroidered with caron  wildflowers pine.  Went back in and added back stitches with wildflowers followed by back stitches with yli candelight in black verigated.  I used a crewel needle so the threads were easier to work with.  The sequins were added as an autumn type touch and held in place with a single bead.

When Pam's block arrived at my place there was not a lot of room left, but I knew from her previous posts that she wanted victoriana, so I took a two inch wide wired ribbon and sculted it to form the pen flourish above and held this down with seed beads.  I then added a special button and real feathers from a craft store packet.  It made me think of feather pens and also the encrusted beauty of a victorian hat adornment.

I loved using ribbon for embellishing and as shown in the picture below it can be scrunched and scattered overt a simple block and give it a look of elegance.  

The above block was donated to Leslie for her Making Memories wedding quilt raffle.  I used a lot of bridal type flowers and trims.

No comments: