Saturday, July 15, 2006


When I started to create my blog, I wondered what to name it, and in a hesitating moment decided to call it " Labours of Love ", as when I look around, most of the items that I create are made with love by myself for someone else. And I truly love working on them and surprising people with little items when they least expect them.

I hand painted the ribbons on the front of this little prayer pouch and gathered them to make three small carnations. I added some hand painted leaves, ribbon, beads, laces, pearls etc. and a fluffy feather with beads attached with bead glue into the feathers as the lady this was designed for is a gentle elegant person and the feather seemed so fitting. I chose to finish the back as well and added some beads that you purchase on a reel under the seam and finished embellishing. I lined it with satin and an overlay of wide lace and included a prayer and a beaded chain and it has since been mailed and received.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Linda I love your prayer pouches. Is there a pattern somewhere for this or did you make it up yourself....I have a friend who I would love to make one for...